July 17th, 2007
At PriceMe, we strive to develop innovative services to better serve our users. We recognize that privacy is an important issue, so we design and operate our services with the
The following principles apply to the personally identifying information we ask for and that you provide. "Personally identifying information" is information that individually identifies you,
such as your name, physical address or email address.
- PriceMe search and some other services do not require any personally identifying information.
- PriceMe collects limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available whenever you visit a website. This log information includes your Internet Protocol address,
browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to operate, develop and improve
- Upon your first visit to PriceMe, a cookie is sent to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. A "cookie" is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your
preferences in cookies and by tracking user trends and patterns of how people search. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies
or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some PriceMe features or services may not function properly without cookies.
- We do not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent. We may share such information in any of the following limited
- We have your consent.
- We provide such information to trusted businesses or persons for the sole purpose of processing personally identifying information on our behalf. When this is done, it is subject to
- We conclude that we are required by law or have a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights,
property or safety of PriceMe, its users or the public.
- In the event of a transfer of ownership of PriceMe, such as acquisition by or merger with another company, we will provide notice before any personally identifying information is transferred
- We may share aggregated information with others.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
- The sites displayed as search results or linked to by PriceMe's services are developed by people over whom PriceMe exercises no control. These other sites may place their own
cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information.
- PriceMe may present links in a format that enables us to understand whether they have been followed. We use this information to understand and improve the quality of PriceMe's
search technology. For instance, this data helps us determine how often users are satisfied with the first result of a query and how often they proceed to later results.
Changes to this Policy
we will post those changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will also provide a more prominent notice. Each version will be noted at the top of the page.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us